blogging for the catalyst
Thank you for your interest to blog with us!
Before we jump-start, let’s make sure you meet our basic eligibility criteria:
- You are between 18-35 years old
- You are passionate about writing
- You are eager to contribute to the development discourse in Nepal
- You are able to write in English
Yes? Great, here is how THE CATALYST works:
- Select one of the four themes and come up with your own sub-theme and a specific topic. We love unexpected topics and fresh opinions, so the more authentic and creative you are – the better! Our themes are:
Social Innovation in Nepal
Politics in Nepal
- Select your blog style. We accept:
- Regular blogs (700-900 words in English)
- PhotoBlogs (Template)
- Interview Proposals (Template)
- Refer to Writer’s Guidelines for information on structure, style and other tips.
- Send your blog, photoblog or an interview proposal together with Personal Information Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 10th of every month.
- If you have questions email or call us at 01-5261093 in advance.
- If your article is selected, our editorial team will help you edit and provide mentorship and advice on writing.
- FInally we will publish your blog online at www.bikasudhyami.com and www.facebook.com/thecatalystblog
DEADLINE: the 10th of every month!
WHAT DO WE LOOK FOR WHEN WE SELECT BLOGS FOR THE CATALYST?
- Strong voice of the writer
- Originality of ideas and critical viewpoints
- Well-researched analysis and personal stories
- Structured, clear and convincing articles
- Multimedia that adds new information or perspective
- Enthusiastic young people willing to collaborate
Click on the resources below for guidance and templates:
Personal Information Form
PhotoBlog Instructions & Template
Interview Proposal Template